Sunday, March 22, 2015

Vacation in Hyderabad

The kiddos finished their exams, and we took off to Hyderabad on the very next day. My in-laws' house is here. Hyderabad gets stiflingly hot in summer especially late April and May. So this year we decided to come a bit early. The weather is heating up, but it is not yet unbearable till now. The kids are gripped with the cricket fever. Their favorite pastime these days is playing cricket outdoors. Works for me, I tell you. I can work at home in peace. :)

I was surprised to see a few Tabebuia in bloom here. I haven't seen Tabebuia blooms in all the time that I have visited Hyderabad. The roads are looking better as they recently got a fresh coat of tar. Hence, at least till now, we have been spared the potholes. But, of course, we have to travel to more areas to see if the change is all over the city.

It has been many months since the state of Telangana has been formed yet most vehicles I noticed still have the AP number plates. I guess it will be a massive exercise to get all of them changed and will take some more time yet. I also heard that the courts were not functioning since the past 1.5 months as people were demanding separate courts for the residents of Telangana excluding the other residents of this state. I wonder if this is even possible constitutionally. But then it is enough to paralyze the legal setup in the state.

It is a good break for me as I get to work in peace as mum-in-law pampers me and gives me a break from daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment