Friday, August 21, 2015

Airtel 4G – A revolution in speedy internet

Internet is an integral part of our lives. In fact, I really find it hard to believe that there was a time when we didn’t have internet. Now, we have smartphones that make us access information anytime anywhere. For people like me who work online, it is imperative that I have a good network connection with high speeds. This is to enable me to download large files, browse through videos and other information and transmit data speedily. Often, that does not happen as smoothly. Even the networks that promise very high speeds often end up being erratic.

There are times when it is difficult to even get 3G speeds while traveling. On my recent trip to Rajasthan, I was completely frustrated when I got 2G speeds most of the time. You can imagine how exasperating it is to wait forever for pages to load. Even answering a simple email and sending it across was an ordeal. Also, I needed to urgently modify a ticket online but could not do so because of such poor speeds on my mobile. Hence I had to call a relative and ask for help.

This is where Airtel’s promise of 4G seems wildly exciting. Imagine the possibilities with lightning-fast internet network.

Here are some of the things that I would do:
1. Movie downloads: Yes, at the current speeds, it is a pain to download a movie and then wait for hours while it gets downloaded. Now, I can have the movie downloaded in no time. Just the thought of it makes me so happy.
2. Music: I love music. I love to hear music when I work. Hence I either play playlists or Youtube videos while I work. Now the videos will not keep buffering and spoiling my listening pleasure if the speeds are this good.
3. Browsing: I read a lot of articles, blog posts, e-books online. I am also a person who often does online courses. You know the courses that include lots of videos and graphics. Generally, these videos take quite some time to load and play and often I have to use a high-speed network to access them. Thus, I lose out on utilizing the time I waste sometimes in commute or while waiting for ages outside a doctor's office. Now, I can plug in my headphones and instantly access these videos even on my smartphone. How lovely is that!
4. Videos: I love watching trailers and song videos regularly on my phone. I also love watching videos of my children that have been uploaded online. These ought to be a breeze with a faster network.
5. Video calls: These will become significantly better improving communication with my clients as we can see and hear each other better in real time.

So, there you see how excited I am to do all my favorite things once I get Airtel 4G SIM for my phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment