Monday, February 16, 2015

India vs Pak World Cup match

You know, I am a person who has almost stopped watching cricket. Blame it on the absolute excess of it or the IPLs, I don't know. Hence, I was studiously avoiding any cricketing debates on TV. I also was not really aware of the Indian 11 in the World Cup. Yep, that bad! I have never really caught on the India vs. Pak rivalry in cricket. It makes for colourful viewing, agreed, but it certainly is not war or something more serious for me.

Thus, last Sunday, I was almost casual about the WC match. After a heavy breakfast, I was reading the Sunday newspapers. The son and the husband were excitedly discussing the match. And then the National Anthem was on. That always catches my attention. After that the match commenced. I had no choice but to watch since the sonny and the husband were so excited.

In no time, I was caught in the frenzy as India was batting first. Slowly, I was cheering and jeering and completely in the mood. And for the first time, I was also tracking the match on twitter. Some of the tweets were hilarious. It made the match viewing pleasure even better. We were flipping between the English and the Hindi commentary so that Mr. Amitabh Bachchan who was making his commentary debut in Hindi could not be missed.

Overall, the match was really good. It was even better that India won maintaining their record of beating Pakistan in every World Cup outing so far. Yes, it was a Sunday well spent. I had watched the match from start to finish. And, the only concern was who was going to cook the lunch. :)

Now, I am awaiting the match between the Proteas and India the coming Sunday. Looks like the World Cup will be fun after all. :)

1 comment:

  1. I’d like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this blog. I really hope to check out the same high-grade content by you in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing ability has encouraged me to get my own personal blog now and it is a perfect site for anyone who wants to understand this topic. You have put a tremendous effort in writing a fresh spin on a topic that has been written about for a long time. In short, great stuff, just wonderful. Why not writing for us at http://www.ultimatediscovery.in and do the honors.

    ReplyDelete